Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pet Immigration Forms

Pet Passport - Pet Immigration Forms

Pet Passports are essential when traveling with a petEvery day, we have people asking us for a PET PASSPORT to take their pet into countries all over the world. The term was originally popularized in the European Union (EU) where it became an easy way for pets to travel within the countries of the EU.

Technically, there is no such thing as a PET PASSPORT, at least not in the United States or Canada or few countries, for that matter, outside of the European Union (EU). (see below for countries belonging to the EU.)

IIf you lived in Europe you could get something called the BLUE PET PASSPORT that would contain your pet's health records and even their photo. However, the Blue Pet Passport can only be issued by veterinarians inside the EU. Pets can travel freely in the EU with their pet passport without having to complete the Annex II form for each country in the EU that they visit. Pets can also travel to and from other neighboring countries with their passports such as Andorra, Croatia, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican City State. Additionally, pet passports issued in certain EU countries are honored in other autonomous countries that are associated with an EU country. Danish passports are honored in Greenland and the Faroe Islands. French passports are

A pet passport is important because it allows you to group all required and vital information about your pet in one place and make it convenient for officials at the border to verify your pet's health and inoculation records.

Your veterinarian can help to create a passport for your pet to enter almost any country in the world.

For example, If you are from the United States and are visiting most European Union countries, then the pet passport will consist of the following:

honored in French Guyana, Guadelopue, Martinique and Reunion. Spanish passports are honored in the Canary Islands, and Portuguese passports are honored in the Azores and Madeira.
  • The Annex II for the country you will be visiting (they are all different) completed by your veterinarian and certified by the State USDA veterinarian.
  • Your pet's inoculation record which must be attached to the certified Annex II form. (Sometimes the inoculation record is referred to as the Rabies Certificate.)
If you are visiting one of the United Kingdom countries ( England, Ireland or Scotland) or Finland or Malta, your pet will need proof of a tapeworm test to complete the PET PASSPORT.
Any country in the world will require proof of good health and a rabies certificate, although the rules for additional testing vary widely from country to country. You should have a Health Certificate completed by your veterinarian. This certificate is also referred to as a Veterinary or Sanitary Certificate.

Some countries require more kinds of inoculations and some require an import permit. You can find out the specific requirements for the country you plan to take your pet by visiting our pet immigration rules page. If you are interested in complete instructions and forms required for taking your pet to over 240 countries worldwide, you can find Pet Passports at our store. All countries are guaranteed to contain the latest information available.

The key to avoiding delays at the border and/or quarantine when traveling with your pet is to have your pet passport complete and accurate for the countries you are visiting. However, there are countries that will require quarantine regardless of adherence to their rules.

If you have questions submit them to:

For more info and events, visit Pet Friendly North America!

No comments:

Post a Comment